Home

Thursday 10 November 2016

Meet the Sellers - Dorset Team Christmas Fair - Lucy From The Cat In The Shoe

 
Name: Lucy Brasher
Shop Name: The cat in the shoe
Shop Link: www.thecatintheshoe.etsy.com
Located in: Bournemouth
Sells: Hand made textile sculptures

Makers Story: 
I am completely self taught. Fabric is a forgiving and flexible media to work with, it can become anything it wishes even if it began its life as something else, An old jumper, an unloved leather jacket, a scrap of lace and an off cut of felt. In my mind these could be a creature, a whimsical being straight from the pages of a book you read as a child.

Each piece is completely hand made by me, I create the patterns and then sew using my very old industrial Singer or I stitch by hand, it depends on the size of the piece and the detail needed. The tiny leather shoes for example are always hand stitched. Sometimes the fabric inspires the piece and sometimes I get an idea in my head and I can't rest until it is made and I have trawled the charity shops and fabric shops for the perfect material.

I work a lot to commission and love to hear your ideas and wants for a piece. My facebook page is full of images of my work and pieces I have created as commissions. I have sold at Rengade Craft fair London, Craftacular London, Etsy Dorset and various local events. I have pieces for sale in the Art Gallery of Ontario Canada, I have also been featured in Stuffed Magazine and various blogs.

Lucy's sculptures are so popular she sells them through the updates in her etsy shop, this is why it often looks empty! You have to be quick to get your hands on one of her pieces over the internet so the Dorset Team craft fair is an excellent opportunity to get your hands on one of her beautiful creatures.





Dorset Team Christmas Fair: Lucy from The cat in the shoe will be selling her beautiful creatures at the Dorset Team Christmas Fair on Saturday 3rd December at the Allendale Centre in Wimborne. Please come along and meet Lucy and our other makers and sellers. Doors open at 10am and close at 4pm and it is free entry.

For more information please see our Facebook event page or blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment