Home

Friday 9 September 2016

Meet the Seller - Dorset Team Christmas Fair - Emma from Knitted by Aunty Emma



Name: Emma
Shop Name: Knitted by Aunty Emma
Located in: Ringwood
Sells: Vintage style handmade knitted items using sustainable British wool bought from small local farms.

Maker's Story: I have been knitting since I was very small, I was taught by my mum as soon as I could read about age 4 or 5. I come from a very large family (I actually have 5 nieces, 2 nephews and now I also have 2 great nieces and 2 great nephews and that's only on my side of the family!) We used to hand make our christmas gifts for each other, I tried making things with all sorts of different techniques but it always kept coming back to knitting. We have continued the knitting tradition to this day, one of my nieces actually suggested I set up my Etsy shop, after I was struggling to find a work life balance with my daughter. 

Ilove wildlife and nature and love using natural fibres (I love animals, I am also a qualified veterinary nurse) but I am a firm believer in matching the yarn to the purpose and the recipient. I use a variety of techniques but I love comfort knits, I use techniques that avoid seams and the need for sewing up and am always on the look out for new techniques and styles.

I have a large collection of 1940s knitting patterns, I love the 1940s knit wear as its not only beautiful but practical, just like the iconic 1940s landgirls. I also like to write my own knitting patterns and love challenging myself with new ideas.




Dorset Team Christmas Fair: Emma will be selling her vintage inspired knitted wares at the Dorset Team Christmas Fair on Saturday 3rd December at the Allendale Centre in Wimborne.


Please come along, meet Emma and our other makers and sellers.


Doors open at 10am and close at 4pm and it is free entry.


For more information please see our Facebook event page or blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment