Home

Wednesday 10 August 2016

Meet the Seller - Dorset Team Christmas Fair - Rachel from DAISYandARTHUR



Name: Rachel Vivian
Shop Name: DAISYandARTHUR
Located in: Wimbourne, UK
Sells: Crochet Cards & Decor 


Maker's Story: My name is Rachel and I adore all things colourful and crochet! I was introduced to the world of crafts by my gorgeous grandparents, Daisy and Arthur, with whom I spent many glorious hours as a child, hanging out in Granddad's woodwork shed or being patiently taught crochet and embroidery by Gran.

Having grown up, I forgot about my crochet hook and went on to work in the world of finance. However, becoming increasingly disillusioned with never ending targets and deadlines, I felt a renewed need to get creative once again. So, having hit 40, I decided to take the plunge and do something I love for a change.

It gives me immense satisfaction to create something special and unique out of a simple ball of wool, a few buttons and beads; I put my heart into each and every piece. I hope this shines through. I also adore the idea of giving a contemporary twist to a vintage craft.

My aim is to create beautiful and unique quality items with care and attention to detail, which help turn your house into a home. My daughter recently commented that she believes our whole house will be covered in crochet within ten years! I wouldn't mind if it were, but it did prompt me to think that I should probably find an outlet for my crochet addiction! 




Dorset Team Christmas Fair: Rachel will be selling Crochet cards and home decor at the Dorset Team Christmas Fair on Saturday 3rd December at the Allendale Centre in Wimborne.

Please come along, meet Rachel and our other makers and sellers.

Doors open at 10am and close at 4pm and it is free entry.

For more information please see our Facebook event page or blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment