Home

Saturday 30 July 2016

Meet the seller - Dorset Team Christmas Fair - Carara Designs UK


Name: Cara
Shop Name: Carara Designs UK
Located in: Bournemouth
Sells: Handmade handbags, childrens tepees and gifts and homewares

Maker's Story: I started my company over 12 years ago and work from home on the south coast in my little shed often with my toy poodle Lucia. I design and make handbags, children tepees and home wares.

My designs have a distinctive style from my use of vintage, remnant and salveged fabrics including tapestries and embroideries. My favourite part of designing is adding the embellishments, I use old buttons, vintage lace, brooches, broken jewellery, and anything else I have collected in my various tins that I think may come in useful one day!

I use a range of techniques my favourite being hand and machine embroidery, appliqué, patchwork and I always design and cut my own patterns often cutting straight from the cloth. I am completely self taught it has been a case of trial and error over the years but now have a confidence in my ability and work and because I rarley use a pattern it adds to the individuality of each piece I produce which is my whole ethos of unique one-off design.



Dorset Team Christmas Fair: Cara will be selling bags, teepees, gifts and homewares at the Dorset Team Christmas Fair on Saturday 3rd December at the Allendale Centre in Wimborne.

Please come along, meet Cara and our other makers and sellers.

Doors open at 10am and close at 4pm and it is free entry.

For more information please see our Facebook event page or blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment