Home

Sunday 22 May 2016

Introducing Myself, Nadia, New Volunteer Blogger for the Dorset Team


Hello there! I'm very excited to introduce myself here on the Dorset Team blog! I am a new volunteer and you will probably see me posting on here along with Ruth and Rachel quite frequently. So, without further ado, let me tell you a bit more about me.

My name is Nadia and I am based in Bridport.

Shop name: Walks in Beauty Paperie
Role: Dorset Team Blogger

I make and sell mainly writing papers and stickers for letter writing. As an avid snail mailer I started finding it increasingly difficult to find stationery that I really enjoyed and decided to start designing my own. I used my designs to write to my own penpals on while I was still living in the States and many of them encouraged me to start selling my papers and stickers, thus Walks in Beauty Paperie was born (it bears the same name as my personal blog). I started it in 2014 from my temporary first home in Bridport with my husband but shortly afterward had to return to the US to work on getting my spouse visa. This process took an entire year in which time I had to put my business on hold. Finally in October 2015 I was granted my visa and returned to the UK and reopened the shop February of this year.

I am delighted to be joining the team of volunteers with our Dorset Team and look forward to getting to know more of you. Writing is one of my passions and having worked as a co-editor of a food magazine in my own country for a while I am now looking forward to writing in this blog and getting more information about our lovely county out there for you to enjoy and also hopefully writing about helpful tips for both business and mindfulness.

Have a beautiful week and hope to chat with you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment